Monday, June 23, 2014
Newest Obsession
So my post for today isn't very technological; however, it is something I can't wait to use in my classroom that I bet a bunch of other teachers have been looking for too. Today, while sitting at my adopted desk in the summer school office (aka the math office), I heard the most amazing sound - the current hit song "All of Me" by John Legend played instrumentally without lyrics. I love that song, and the version I heard today was magically calming. It was coming from Mrs. Hufty's iPhone, so I of course had to ask her what it was. Here is where my mind was blown - it's a Pandora station she found by searching The Piano Guys. I have been listening today, and I am so excited. I have always loved the idea of softly playing music while students are working, and I firmly believe in the educational powers of music. However, I have never really explored the use of it during class as much because I have always worried about the appropriateness of the songs. Others have told me classical music works, but to be honest, classical music is not my cup of tea. This station is seriously going to change my classroom, and I can't wait. There it is, my revelation for the day...happy teaching, and remember we could all be DJs at a classical radio station instead (some might love it, but really, really NOT my cup of tea!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment